- Groundwater and surface water pollution poses a risk to health and quality of life.
- Clinton Town Beach had the highest exceedance rate (27%) of the Beach Action Value in Middlesex County in 2013.
- Impaired segments for shellfish harvesting due to elevated bacteria levels (2013 TMDL report)
- CT DEEP order to abate pollution
- 1997 Consent Order between DEEP and the Town of Clinton
DEEP Authority and Consent Order
CGS 22a-428: "If the commissioner finds that any municipality is causing pollution of the waters of the state, or that a community pollution problem exists, or that pollution by a municipality or a community pollution problem can reasonably be anticipated in the future, he may issue to the municipality an order to abate pollution."