The Department’s mission is:
- To enhance the orderly development of the town
- To maintain the quality of the residential neighborhoods and business districts
- To Enforce regulations that protect the town from over-development
This is accomplished with a service-oriented staff that provides active and consistent enforcement in a fair and equitable manner in order to maintain property values.
Staff functions include:
- Processing applications and permits
- Providing information to elected members of the Planning and Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals
- Providing information on land use issues and zoning regulations to the public on a formal and informal basis
The staff is responsible for maintaining a repository of land use information on Clinton properties.