If the structure was built prior to 1945 there is a zoning requirement that the intent to demolish must be posted at the location for 90 days. The 90-day period starts when Zoning receives proof (i.e. picture) that the sign has been posted.(Posting requirements attached).
1) Disconnect letters from:
2) CBYD (Call Before You Dig) notification
3) Save Harmless Agreement (go to Demo. Permit Forms))
4) State of CT, Demolition Notification Form with $50 fee to State (go to Demo. Permit Forms)
5) One or two family houses do NOT require asbestos testing.If property is more than two family, commercial and/or history of commercial use- Asbestos test report is necessary.
6) Demolition Contractors License and Certificate of Insurance
7) Notification by registered certified mail to all abutting property owners. List of abutters available from Tax Assessor.
When you have completed these items you are ready to apply for a Demolition Permit.
For help or questions concerning this process- please call