Pistol Permits
  • In order to apply for a pistol and/or revolver permit in the State of Connecticut, you must follow the below listed procedures:
  • Go to the Connecticut Permit to Carry Pistol and/or Revolvers (DPS-799-C) or come to the Clinton Police Department and request a copy of the permit application.
  • The pistol permit application is also located on this website.
  • You must be a Clinton resident to apply for the permit or you must go to the town in which you live.
  • You must show proof of completing a weapons safety course by a NRA instructor, a DEEP Protection Officer or a Police Firearms Instructor.
  • Must have a current photograph.
  • Must provide two checks: A certified check or money order payable to Town of Clinton in the amount of $88.25 and a certified check or money order in the amount of $70.00 to the Clinton Police Department.